Immigration law has constant modifications, exceptions and different applications for each case. With the advice of a qualified attorney, you will be prepared for any problem that may happen and that, due to misinformation, could become a reason for rejection or even denial.
Get advice from our expert team now. A mistake can cost you years.
¿WHY CHOOSE US?
Schedule your appointment now
To get legal advice from one of our attorneys, you must schedule an appointment that costs $100.
If you are in Miami, you will have a face-to-face interview with the attorney. If you live elsewhere, a video call is scheduled for the lawyer to review the details of the case and tell you the legal process to follow, times and costs.
If you decide to start your case with us, at DUQUE IMMIGRATION LAW, PLLC, we will support you through all the steps of your case: from the gathering and filing of the required documents until the moment you finally get your permanent residence.
Knowing all the details of each case, will enable us to prepare you for the required interview before the immigration authorities. This preparation will be very useful for you because you can rely on all our experience.
We work to give your story a happy ending.
Legal advice to apply for Political Asylum
If you are seeking legal representation to apply for Political Asylum consult your case with our team at Duque Immigration Law, immigration attorneys, by calling at
Political Asylum in the United States
It’s not easy to win an asylum case. So you must approach it correctly and in the best possible way. If you are interested in applying for Political Asylum in the United States consult us and avoid making mistakes.
Moreover, if the asylum petition is found to be frivolous, you will never be able to return to the United States.
Reasons to apply for Asylum in the United States
To apply for Political Asylum in the United States you must have grounds that show that you are afraid to return to your your country because you are persecuted or have already suffered persecution because of:
- Political opinion
- Belonging to a particular social group
If none of these causes are met (consult with an attorney), there are still other options for victims of:
- Sexual Assault
- Violence that qualifies for the U visa
- Tráfico humano (visa T)
- VAWA: domestic violence
- Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ) Program for unmarried children and youth under the age of 21 who suffer abuse, neglect or abandonment.
Affirmative Process Requirements
- To apply for political asylum you must be physically in the United States or at one of its borders. Asylum may be requested upon arrival at a port of entry (airport, port or land border) or while physically within the US.
- In this case it does not matter how you entered or the legal status.
- After your arrival in the United States, you must apply within one year of your last entry into the country.
- Exceptional or Changing Circumstances: : If an alien entered more than 365 days ago and there is a regime change in your home country that puts you at risk if you return, you can then apply for asylum.
Defensive process requirements
In the defensive asylum procedure, the foreigner is subject to deportation or removal proceedings.
It is essential to have the advice of an immigration attorney in these cases.