Immigration law has constant modifications, exceptions and different applications for each case. With the advice of a qualified attorney, you will be prepared for any problem that may happen and that, due to misinformation, could become a reason for rejection or even denial.

Get advice from our expert team now. A mistake can cost you years.

Carlos Duque | Abogado de inmigración Miami


Schedule your appointment now

To get legal advice from one of our attorneys, you must schedule an appointment.

If you are in Miami, you will have a face-to-face interview with the attorney. If you live elsewhere, a video call is scheduled for the lawyer to review the details of the case and tell you the legal process to follow, times and costs.

If you decide to start your case with us, at DUQUE IMMIGRATION LAW, we will support you through all the steps of your case: from the gathering and filing of the required documents until the moment you finally get your permanent residence.

Knowing all the details of each case, will enable us to prepare you for the required interview before the immigration authorities. This preparation will be very useful for you because you can rely on all our experience.

We work to give your story a happy ending.

To schedule your appointment according to our availability and make the payment online, enter here

Legal advice to obtain family-based permanent residence

If you are seeking legal representation for your family-based permanent residence process consult your case with the team of Duque Immigration Law, immigration attorneys, by calling at


Family-based permanent residence

U.S. immigration law allows certain foreign citizens who are family members of a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident to obtain a Green Card.

The closer your family relationship is, the more rights you will have under U.S. immigration law.

Apply at DUQUE IMMIGRATION LAW, for a personal assessment of your family-based permanent residence case and we will help you determine if you are eligible by reviewing your eligibility requirements before applying for a green card. After determining this, we will begin the process by filing the Alien Relative Petition, where the relationship between you and your relative is established.

A U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident can apply for:

  • F2A: Spouse and unmarried children (under age 21) of a permanent resident.
  • F2B: Unmarried children 21 years of age or older of a permanent resident.

A U.S. citizen may apply:

  • 21-year-old (or older) unmarried children of a U.S. citizen.
  • Married children of a U.S. citizen, extending the application to the spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21.
  • Siblings of a U.S. citizen, extending the application to spouse and children under 21 years of age who are unmarried.

The timing of each process depends on each specific case and on the right advice from an experienced immigration attorney. A mistake in the petition may cause the process to take much longer and may even lead to the denial of the residence for your family member.

If you want to file a family-based residence petition to benefit one of your foreign relatives and you are looking for legal assistance, you can consult your case with our team of immigration attorneys.

Ask for legal advice

Immigration Attorney