Immigration law has constant modifications, exceptions and different applications for each case. With the advice of a qualified attorney, you will be prepared for any problem that may happen and that, due to misinformation, could become a reason for rejection or even denial.

Get advice from our expert team now. A mistake can cost you years.

Carlos Duque | Abogado de inmigración Miami


Schedule your appointment now

To get legal advice from one of our attorneys, you must schedule an appointment.

If you are in Miami, you will have a face-to-face interview with the attorney. If you live elsewhere, a video call is scheduled for the lawyer to review the details of the case and tell you the legal process to follow, times and costs.

If you decide to start your case with us, at DUQUE IMMIGRATION LAW, PLLC, we will support you through all the steps of your case: from the gathering and filing of the required documents until the moment you finally get your permanent residence.

Knowing all the details of each case, will enable us to prepare you for the required interview before the immigration authorities. This preparation will be very useful for you because you can rely on all our experience.

We work to give your story a happy ending.

Legal advice to obtain the k1 and k2 visas

If you are seeking legal representation to obtain the k1 and k2 visas, consult your case with our team at DUQUE IMMIGRATION LAW, PLLC, immigration attorneys, by calling at


Fiancé(e) Visas (K1 and K2 Visas)

The K1 visa is granted to an alien who is engaged to a U.S. citizen.

If a U.S. citizen is engaged to marry a foreign national, he or she can petition for a K1 fiancé(e) visa so that his or her fiancé(e) can travel to the United States and marry. This visa is valid for 90 days following such entry.

After the marriage, the U.S. citizen can apply for an “Adjustment of Status” so that your spouse can remain in the U.S. as a Legal Resident.

Basic requirements for the application for the k1 visa | Fiancé visa

  • Documents proving the existence of the relationship with your fiancé(a), and that the parties have met in person within the previous two years. Of course, there is the possibility of asking for an exception to this requirement in certain cases established by law.
  • The law restricts the number of K-1 petitions a citizen can make. If a citizen has made two K-1 petitions in the past, he or she can no longer make K-1 petitions.
  • If a citizen has filed a K-1 petition in the past that has been approved, he or she cannot file a new K-1 petition again unless two years have passed since that approval. Of course, these two limitations are also subject to exceptions established in the law.
  • If the U.S. citizen has committed certain crimes, he or she is disqualified from applying for a K-1 visa to benefit his or her fiancé(e).
  • The U.S. citizen must demonstrate sufficient income to support himself and his partner.

It is up to the immigration attorney to evaluate the evidence, background and other requirements to explain to the applicant how to proceed.


Once the respective application has been approved, the consular officer will stamp the K1 fiancé(e) visa in the passport of the foreign applicant. If you have children under the age of 21 they will receive K2 visas. Note that minor children must be admitted to the U.S. before they turn 21.

It is absolutely essential that the K1 fiancé(e) ) marry their fiancé(e) within 90 days of the day they were admitted to the United States. Once married, she may apply to the U.S. Government for permanent residency.

Ask for legal advice

Immigration Attorney