Marriage-based green card is a category of immigration that allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to bring their foreign spouses to live with them in the United States. To apply for a marriage-based green card, the foreign spouse must demonstrate that their marriage is genuine and that they meet all eligibility requirements.

In this article, Duque Immigration, a Miami-based immigration law firm, provides a comprehensive guide to the documents you will need to file your application for a marriage-based green card.

General Documents:

The following documents are required for all marriage-based green card applications:

  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  • Form I-864, Affidavit of Support
  • Application Fee Payment

Category-Specific Documents:

In addition to the general documents, foreign spouses applying for a marriage-based green card must also provide the following documents:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status of the petitioner
  • Proof that the marriage is genuine

Proof that the Marriage is Genuine:

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has a number of requirements to demonstrate that a marriage is genuine. These requirements include:

  • That the couple has lived together for a significant period of time.
  • That the couple has a level of mutual knowledge that is consistent with a genuine marriage.
  • That the couple has an economic and social relationship that is consistent with a genuine marriage.

In addition to the documents mentioned above, you may also need to provide additional information, such as:

  • Proof of income
  • Proof of education
  • Proof of work experience

It is important to consult with an immigration attorney to get more information on the specific documents you will need for your marriage-based green card application.

Marriage-based green card is a complex process that requires gathering a large amount of documents. If you are considering applying for a marriage-based green card, it is important to make sure you have the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

If you have any questions about the documents for marriage-based green card, do not hesitate to contact Duque Immigration, a Miami-based immigration law firm. Our attorneys have experience in helping clients with all stages of the immigration process, and we can provide you with the guidance you need to file a successful application.

WhatsApp +1 305-436-0155
Miami, Florida ☎️ 1 305 436 0155